Mother’s Day Transformation

 


Yesterday was Mother’s Day and I have to tell you, I was so excited to take a new picture with my teens. Every year I love taking pictures with my kids but this year I WANTED to take one so I could see my transformation. I’ve been taking a lot of those in the last month or so. The reason being I have been working on my transformation for a year now. Last year at this time I was at my highest non-pregnant weight. I decided enough was enough. I became a fitness coach a year ago this month and it changed my life in amazing ways. At that point I wasn’t working out as consistently as I needed to be. I would skip days and sometimes weeks. I wasn’t eating as healthy as I should, either. I was drinking my shake MAYBE once or twice a week. I didn’t LOVE it then. I wasn’t taking time each day to work on my personal development. Little by little, I made it a point to get my workout done, either in the morning or evening. But I hadn’t put it on my list of must-dos. I didn’t have it on a schedule. I wasn’t putting ME on the schedule. I didn’t understand that I was important, too. I was trying to be everything for everyone else and there was nothing left for me.

No more DIDN’Ts! Time for I DID IT, over and over…EVERYDAY!

When I became a coach I started to think about what that meant for myself and for others. What kind of example was I going to set for those who KNEW I was a coach? WOW! That changed everything once that question hit my brain. I began working out on a regular basis. I started a program and finished it. I started another one right away and finished that one. I kept going. I added weight training programs to my routine. I started drinking my shake EVERY SINGLE DAY and loving it! I added food prep and meal planning to my weekends. I started reading some great personal development books to keep me on track. I started sharing what I was doing and feeling great about it. I began to go down in clothes size and a bit in weight. I started lifting more weights and feeling stronger. I began to transform on the inside, not just the outside. I became a happier person and a better wife and mom. After I put myself at the top of the list and did the things I needed to do so I would be the best me, I had plenty of energy and motivation left to help others and do the things I needed to do.

Take a look at the pictures above. Can you see how much happier I am in this years photo? I don’t hate walking by a mirror or large panes of glass on buildings. I feel strong and confident. I’m not at the end of my journey. I’m working daily on getting stronger. I’m working daily on replacing the fat on my body with muscle. I’m working on getting my nutrition even better. I’m working on getting all the chemicals and toxins out of our home. I’m working on becoming the best version of me that I can.

I want to tell others that THEY CAN DO IT, TOO! You can reach your goals. It may take time, but if you don’t start today then a year from now you will wish you had instead of putting it off. Join me on this fantastic journey of transforming lives, yours and others. It’s one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever done, besides being a mom and helping shape those little ones into who they will become.

Let me know if you are ready to take the steps to transform your life and if you have questions about doing that. I am here for you!!! Let’s get this party started!

As Always,

~A Simple Texas Girl living life on the Jesus Way!


Comments

Popular Posts