10 Rounds Tour Dallas


I know I haven’t been on here much to write. My days are mostly filled with my “day job”, which is the private school. My nights are usually filled with two of my grands that have been living with me since July. After work was just as full of being 100% there for the kids as it was between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. I had to find a way to get some of my time back in the evenings. Time BEFORE I gave into the fatigue of the day and my mind just wanted to shut down and my body just wanted to crawl into bed.

I’ve started doing an earlier bedtime for the kids so that I’m able to get some work done after they go to sleep. We WERE shooting for 9 p.m. and they wouldn’t fall asleep until around 11. When I tired 8 they still didn’t fall asleep until 10:30. I decided something had to shift. We made naptime just rest time, you know, read quietly or something so that other people could still fall asleep. They have been falling asleep by 8 since we started that. Granted, they get up at 7 in the morning but I can live with that. We still haven’t gotten nap time figured out but I feel confident that this too shall pass and we will get to the other side of it, eventually.

I’ve gotten lost in my days and off track on some things. ME is something I always struggle to take care of even though I know it is key to being able to give my best in other areas for those I love. I had started this new Blends Challenge to get the toxins out of my body and see if I could get my psoriasis under control and BAM, a stomach bug knocked me for a loop. I was in bed for a full day doing nothing but resting. I ended up eating a package of saltine crackers and drinking some sprite. The following day I was up but very weak and still drinking the sprite and eating small. Sadly, I did NOT get right back on the Blends Challenge and I’m kicking myself for allowing me to decide I didn’t need to do it. My hands were looking better after less than a week, now they are terrible again. I NEED to get back on it. I NEED to push play on my workouts and get up early to do that. I have excuses. My hands hurt, they really do. It is serious pain. I am tired. I don’t have a window of time. on and on and on….But truth be told, I could MAKE time.

I am working on making that time. It has been great to be able to work on things all this week. I’ve started working early evenings and worked late into the night every day this week. I’m updating my preschool website because I’m making some changes to that so I can do more with my family and feel a little less burnt out at the end of the day. Website changes take a lot of time when you do an almost complete makeover, which is basically what I did. Every page is different in some way.


Something that REALLY excites me and gets me out of my slump is working out. Yep, I said it, working out. I LOVE working out. I LOVE lifting and I love cardio. It makes me feel alive. Saturday my oldest daughter and I went to an event that the company we are a part of put on. They are filming a brand new six week workout program. A boxing program! They have a tour bus and they are stopping in six places across America, Dallas was one of them. We got to workout live on the Dallas Cowboys practice field with Joel Freeman and the cast of 10 Rounds. Then we sat down and listened to a Q & A session with him, getting all the scoop about the program and when it will be out for us to do. That was such a rush! The program is three days of boxing and two days of lifting. YES!

I’ve got to get things back on track. I’m going to be working on my preschool, which basically is my house, this weekend. I’ve got to get things more organized so I can make this new plan for my preschool work. I can’t wait to share more about that soon. I’ve still got the things to use for the Blends Challenge so my plan is to get back on track Monday morning. I know it will help me so much.
My new bed time is drawing near so I will close this for now. Thanks for checking in. Let me know if you have ever considered boxing as part of your fitness routine. I can’t even begin to tell you just how excited I am to start this program in the spring!

As Always,

~A Simple Texas Girl living life on the Jesus Way!


Comments

Popular Posts