A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

I’ve been struggling so much lately trying to feel joy in the everyday things. My days seem to pass so quickly and my evenings are filled with mindless tv and thinking about the things I SHOULD be doing but have had no energy or desire to do them. The funny thing is, I KNOW what’s going on. I KNOW I’m allowing myself to fall into a depressed state of mind. I KNOW it is up to ME to shake it off and put my focus BACK where it belongs.

I’m NOT saying that everyone who is feeling depressed can just change how they feel. What I am saying is, most everyone feels some sort of depression at one time or another in our lives. It is easy for things to get to us and make us feel down. We each have to KNOW ourselves and what our limits are. We have to understand what it takes to move past the difficult moments in life.

Over the years I have learned to recognize when I am allowing myself to fall farther than I should into those sad feelings. This time, while I have recognized it, I have not stopped it. I have not put a stop to it. I’ve even said “enough is enough” a few times with every intention of picking myself up and moving forward. Obviously, it didn’t work.

Until this past weekend. On Sunday, my youngest daughter and I decided to pamper ourselves from head to toe, for real. We started with our hair and worked our way down to our feet. It was fun going through the store picking out things to pamper ourselves with. We got new hair brushes and we got a Wet Brush. We got some face masks to go along with the foot masks. We put on new nail wraps and painted our toes.

After we had washed our hair we wrapped it in a Norwex hair wrap, we both have one we use EVERY time we wash our hair. It is great because it soaks up the extra water and makes it much easier to brush out with our wet brush. The next step was to soak our feet in a tub of Bend Soap’s Lavender Goat Milk Bath Soap. The soap shreds turn the water into a milky, soft bath that leaves your feet feeling so good. I just move my feet around on the bottom of the tub and into each other so it spreads the soap on my feet. If you put it in your tub bath, just do the same thing. Put a bit of the shreds in the bottom of the tub then run hot or warm water (whichever you prefer) and just move it around in the water. It will leave your whole body feeling so soft. They come in many different scents. We chose lavender to relax us.

While our feet soaked, we watched a couple of episodes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. starting with the cheesecake episode since we bought a package of cheesecake at the store. The cheesecake was the Market Pantry brand and actually tasted delicious. After we finished the cheesecake we put on the face and foot masks. Our feet already felt amazing but we wanted to do as much as we could to make our feet super soft.

We put on a movie we had been waiting to see, Maleficent Mistress of Evil. We loved the first one so much and couldn’t wait to watch the second one after we heard it was on Disney+. We have enjoyed having Disney+ since we are BIG Disney fans. The kids love the new stuff and I’ve enjoyed watching some of the shows that were made when I was little and even before that.

Movie Review: The acting was well done and the costumes are high quality. The script was not what I expected but it played out perfectly. I loved how in both movies, Maleficent wasn’t the evil person everyone thought she was, all because of love. It did have some dark moments in it, which might be too much for younger children. But I do believe in talking to them when they have questions. Just answer their questions very simply. If they still have questions, keep going until they stop asking questions. That is how you know how far to go. I would recommend anyone see it if they love this type of movie. It has adventure, romance, mystery, new characters, old favorites, and a neat twist on an old story that will have you trying to figure out just how far will they take the story.

We took our face and foot masks off and took turns brushing out each other’s hair while we watched the second half of the movie. I did my nails in Jamberry nail wraps and she took off the Jamberry polish she had on. She left her nails plain since she had a dance recital tonight and you can’t have your nails painted. It was an evening of pampering and rest. I slept so good Sunday night.

I have been spending more time just sitting and thinking. I have moved a patio chair into the front yard so I can sit there in the evenings with the puppy while she plays or chews on a toy. I am trying to give her more outside time and trying to get her back on a routine of going potty OUTSIDE instead of inside and in her kennel. Raising a puppy is so hard!

Today a sweet Mother’s Day gift arrived from my oldest daughter and fed my heart. It is so beautiful and my favorite story from childhood. My Cinderella Carriage Scentsy Warmer is simply beautiful. You just left up the top of the carriage to put the Scentsy bar in there and put the lid back on. I put it in the place of honor in the middle of my dresser. It looks so amazing. This is the second Disney warmer and the third warmer since my birthday. I love it. My daughter has purchased all three of them. I got a Frozen 2 for my birthday in November, a Texas one that I got for Christmas and now my Cinderella one for Mother’s Day. All three from Sami.

Speaking of Mother’s Day, my youngest daughter had the idea to get food from my favorite place, Cotton Patch Cafe. So good! My husband bought me the roses for the table. We moved the kitchen table into the den and put on a movie with my favorite Avenger, Captain America. It was a really nice lunch and relaxing afternoon.

I’m working on my preschool and kindergarten programs, both at my home and online. I am hopeful people will find it and enroll. It is going to be an amazing school year despite the crazy shut down and all this mess. My numbers at my school have been dropping since January but this has gotten kinda crazy.

Time to shake it off and really figure out what is important to me and what isn’t. That is my goal for this week. Film more online classes and write down what I really want out of life. What I want to DO. Do YOU know what you want to do?

As Always,

~A Simple Texas Girl living life on the Jesus Way!

Comments

Popular Posts