Love Under Construction by Penny Zeller


What a fun book! I’m a huge historical fiction fan but I also love a good modern love story! This one fit the bill!

I really loved how it felt down to earth and the characters seemed so real to me. I can relate to how they question themselves and try to second guess what the others’ motives are. I loved that they didn’t wait forever to just be honest and ask the other people when something concerned them.

She is a web designer. I have built my own websites. He builds and remodels homes. While I’ve never built a home, I’ve done plenty or DIY projects and watched a LOT of shows where they build or remodel homes. That made their professions very relatable to me.

It is also about adoption within family and close friends. Adoption is very close to my heart since I was adopted by my grandparents at a very early age. The story shows us how they put the well-being and best interest of two little children ahead of their own brought them to a place they never expected to be.

If you love books that are under 300 pages, closer to 200 actually, that move quicker, this falls into that category. Even though it’s shorter, it’s not lacking anything. And I love how she didn’t leave out an epilogue. I ALWAYS want to know what our characters are doing “after” the book ends.

As Always,

~A Simple Texas Girl living life on the Jesus Way!

Comments

Popular Posts