Beginning Again

It's been a hot minute since I've written much of anything, except doodling on paper or a list of to-do's for the weekend and maybe a book review here and there, just not on THIS blog. I had a season where I couldn't read, let alone write anything substantial. Not being able to lose myself in a book was heart wrenching. Books have been my escape since I was a little girl. I learned to read early and never wanted to stop. And then I did. I just stopped. I would pick up a book and read a page or two and put it down. Not because the story wasn't good, but because I just could not focus my mind on anything for very long. 

I COULD read a non-fiction, self-help book here and there. But I would have to read it quickly or I would not pick it back up, either. My TBR (to be read) pile has continued to grow since I didn't stop WANTING to read and I have several authors who I love and want everything they write, PLUS I'm finding new authors and new titles that look and sound amazing. 

This past year, I have really been in a season of growth in several areas of my life. One of the biggest has been my spiritual journey. My faith has been stretched and multiplied, to say the very least. We became "empty nesters" at the beginning of summer. I haven't quite adjusted to it, but I'm always a work in progress. It is during this season where you really have to discover WHO you are all over again. I don't know about you, but I've had to do that in many season of my life. One constant in all of them has been my faith in Christ. He has been here guiding me daily. That is something I plan on writing more about on here.

I'd like to share my journey of ups, downs and turn arounds, as I learn to navigate this season of life, the books I enjoy, products I've found that bring a bit of ease to the mundane or even make them fun, the struggles I have and how I get past them, a bit of my family life and maybe even a few fun recipes here and there. I hope you'll check in from time to time! 

As always, 

~A Simple Texas Girl...living life on the Jesus Way!


Comments

Popular Posts