My First Thirty Day Fasting Reset


Many of you know that in May 2021, I did a 26 day Water ONLY Fast and felt AMAZING! My body did a total reset that month and I was able to keep the weight off and feel great for over a year.

What happened in the last year? Several things, actually. A very stressful and traumatic situation began, menopause, new responsibilities at work to figure out, continued financial and relational stresses and added to all of that; I allowed toxic food choices back into my diet on a pretty regular basis. Not in HUGE quantities but they were there nonetheless.

I’ve NEVER stopped working out and putting in that effort to build muscle and lose weight. The scale kept creeping back up and my clothes got tighter and tighter. I didn’t know what to do. I WANTED to do another long water fast but let’s be honest; that is really hard! Especially if you have been eating lots of sugars and junk food. Your body works against your mind if you try to take it away and don’t give it something else in its place.

My daughter found Dr. Mindy Pelz this week and we have both been devouring the information. Finding these resources turned a lightbulb on in my head and my heart. Wow! I totally understand NOW about the different types of fasts and how they benefit you mind and body. There are 6 basic "fasting protocols" she lays out. She shared THIS video explaining it and it is honestly mind blowing what each step "unlocks".

In these videos and books I have found out WHY I can’t lose the weight despite working out every day (yes, I’ve taken a bit of a break the last few week because I just felt defeated.) and not eating overly bad. This really explains soooooo much!!

After reading some of her books and watching the videos, I've decided to do her 30 day fasting reset. It was really a no-brainer for me. I HAVE to change things up and get back to living a healthy life!

I’m starting on October 1 and will more than likely do a round two for November as the days race towards my 58th birthday. I’d like to be on the right track to be the best ME I can be before another birthday!

The next 8 days, I will be preparing to start her 30 Day Fasting Reset. This is NOT a 30 day water only fast. It is a different lengths of fasting and being very specific of the foods you eat when you do eat. I will be finishing up these two books and making sure I understand how it works.

I will be doing LIIFT 4 starting that week and adding in long and short walks plus rides on my MYX Bike. I’m also looking at adding rebounding into my daily routine. That seems to be something that I have read in many places and recommended by several health leaders that I respect and follow. I am going to take a break from running until I can get my body back in the shape it needs to be. After that, I will limit the amount of runs I do and focus more on walking outside for the sunshine and the movement.

As I get closer to 60, my focus is to be as healthy as I can so I can be here for my kids and grands. I want to be able to be the fun Grammie who gets out there on the trampoline with them or runs around at the park and plays ball with them. Not someone who sits around on my phone while looking up once in awhile and waves but doesn't engage. That isn't who I want to be. I plan to be here as long as the Lord allows and I want to be a productive person while I am here. I want to enjoy life!

Life is never filled with easy choices because things are hard. Living overweight and with a body that doesn't function properly is HARD. Being intentional about food choices and working out daily is HARD. You have to pick your hard. I'd rather feel better and live a life filled with joy than feel miserable and not live as long or as joyful.

So, follow along on my journey to better health! It has been an adventure thus far! I've been on this journey since my teenage years and it isn't something that ever ends until this life is over. It will be what you make it.


As Always,

~A Simple Texas Girl living life on the Jesus Way!

Comments

Popular Posts