A Turn Around

 


This blog is all about following my “ups, downs and turn arounds” while I am living life on the Jesus Way, PLUS the books, movies and vacations that I enjoy AND whatever else I feel like writing about! When it comes to my fitness, I’ve had quite a few ups and downs. But the great thing about it, I’ve had some amazing turn around’s. I’ve reached some goals I wasn’t sure I could, until I did.

This past year, I’ve faced a lot of downs. Many things have come at me and I’ve allowed them to keep me down. My progress that I was so proud of? Gone as far as the eyes can tell. I know deep down, I still have some of that muscle and strength left hidden under the fat. I am at my highest weight ever. I feel terrible, physically and mentally. I no longer have the energy or desire to be active. I just feel “heavy” and bloated. Kind of like the girl that blew up like a blueberry on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Here me when I say “I allowed it”. I MUST take responsibility for it because that is the ONLY way I will be able to move forward from this point. I COULD have stopped in my tracks and took a hard look at what was happening before it was out of control. I COULD have dug my head out of the sand and opened my eyes to what I was doing to my body. Make no mistake, I became aware of it from time to time and tried to push it to the back of my mind. I tried to believe that it didn’t matter. It does matter. A LOT.

I have lots of excuses. For instance, I got wrapped up in the day to day of my job and taking care of my family’s needs while using that as an excuse for not eating right or working out regularly. My thyroid is off and my hormones are nuts because menopause is kicking in, hot flashes and all. I let disappointments and relationship issues make me feel like it wasn’t worth the effort. All of those THINGS are NOT good enough reasons to let your health go. There isn’t a good reason.

Earlier this year my youngest daughter and I started going to the gym to run on the treadmill and ride the bikes. I was using the stair climber, too. We were doing really well for awhile until she got too busy and then just didn’t feel like going most days. Did I keep going on my own because it was good for me and it was a goal of mine? You guessed it. No, I quit going, too. I’ll admit, I’m one of those people that REALLY enjoys having someone to share my goal with me. To encourage and coach through the process. PLUS, I REALLY hate going someplace to workout. That takes so much TIME there and back.

I’ve been struggling for the past couple of months, knowing that I needed to get back on track and stay there. I have been making some good choices and then some not great choices. But not being 100% with my food or my workouts. TRYING to find something that will kick start me on the right track, again. I KNOW what I am capable of. I KNOW I can stick to a fitness and nutrition program at the same time. I’ve lost the weight and built a strong body. I CAN do it again.

There is nothing better than a brand new, exciting workout program to kick start someone like me on the right track. The newest program that releases next week, for coaches, is just what I needed. And while I knew I wanted to do it, I longed to have someone or many someones join me in this adventure. An idea popped into my head and then it grew into something very fun, with the help of my daughter.

We are going to create a new workout space big enough for more than one or two people to workout at a time. We are setting a time to work out, daily. PLUS, we are inviting friends to join us. How cool is that? Working out with a group of friends is so much fun! We will get things ready, take our before pictures and measurements, meal plan, and meal prep. Each of us will check in daily on the app to record our workouts and talk about food and recipes. Accountability!

I will be posting the before and after pictures of our workout space. It will be a work in progress but that is OK. I’ll share my goal for this program later. I’m pretty excited about it. I know if I go all in with the workouts and really pay attention to all the things going into my body, I will reach my goal.

I hope you will follow my story. It’s not going to be one with fad diets, pills, shots, starving, removing certain food groups, etc. It will be five to six very balanced meals a day that will be far from starving. In fact, I find it hard to eat everything some days. But it will be a nutrition program with the least amount of processed foods, sugars and more whole foods that will fuel my body and nourish it.

Can’t wait to get this party started!!!

As Always,

~A Simple Texas Girl living life on the Jesus Way!

Comments

Popular Posts