Bookaholic For Life

 


Hi! I’m Terri and I am a bookaholic. I say that in no way to be critical of any other addiction but in all honestly, I am truly a bookaholic. Now, that isn’t a BAD thing to be, per-say. The fact that I have NO bookshelves for MY books but I keep getting MORE just might be an indication of just how critical the problem COULD become. A solution to THAT problem would be to acquire some bookshelves!

There is NO WAY I would EVER follow the “Kondo” rule on books in my house. Why? Because books are amazing and we find JOY in them. How could I EVER JUST have 30 books? NEVER!

I have books for ALL ages and so many different genres. I love a variety. One of my greatest dreams is to have a room that I can call my library. With wonderfully soft furniture to sit in to read for hours. And a fire place in winter plus a beautiful view out large windows.

At the moment, I have books stacked in my closet, in the hall closet, in each of the bedrooms, along with many in the garage on some homemade shelves that I am unable to get to easily since we have so much junk piled in front of them. That is a sad state, to be sure.

Does that stop me from getting more books that I love? Does that stop me from doing book reviews for FREE books from my favorite authors? Does that stop me from grabbing awesome deals when I see them? The answer is a thousand times, NO! I have started my book reviews again, to which I am delighted to add those books to my library. I waited too long and barely found anything in the nearest Lifeway, since they are closing all stores and will be strictly online only. I had actually walked the entire store and was ready to walk right out the door when I found ONE shelf of novels.

Oh, my joy! I found some that I already owned, but also found many from my favorites that I had missed in the last few years. I found twenty-four books I didn’t have and marched up to the check out with them. Mind you, they were 80% off PLUS another 20% off that price. I paid around $2.25 per book. That was almost $400 worth of books for under $60. In my mind, you just can’t beat that. I had made a bit of extra money last week so I chose to treat myself with some things I treasure.

There are things I plan to get rid of as I continue to de-clutter my home. Books are NOT one of those. I’ve come to realize that many things I used to “collect” are no longer important to me. Knowing that is freeing but that just leaves me so much that I need to figure out how to do away with. I would LOVE to be able to sell what I don’t want so I could put the money back into the things I need to get done and want to keep. I do love donating things to those who don’t have as much, so I usually chose that option. It is the easier option, too.

I’ve come up with another DIY project for my dear husband and we will see how long it takes to even get around to taking it seriously. The hall closet needs to be gutted and new sheet-rock put up. It is full of junk right now to the point no one even wants to open the door to try and find anything. I would like to turn it into bookshelves, possibly with no door or a sliding door like the cool “barn doors” so many have now. With that updated, all of my books will be on shelves where I can enjoy them and they will be take care of, instead of piled everywhere.

I will be doing more book reviews, posting some fun home updates and travel adventures. I hope you will check back, often.

As Always,

~A Simple Texas Girl...living life on the Jesus Way!


Comments

Popular Posts