A Stray Drop of Blood by Roseanna M. White

Beautiful is a dangerous thing to be when one is unprotected.
 
For seven years, Abigail has been a slave in the Visibullis house. With a Hebrew mistress and a Roman master, she has always been more family than servant . . . until their son returns to Jerusalem after his years in Rome. Within a few months Jason has taken her to his bed and turned her world upside down. Maybe, given time, she can come to love him as he says he loves her. But how does she open her heart to the man who ruined her?

Israel's unrest finds a home in her bosom, but their rebellion tears apart her world. Death descends with Barabbas's sword, and Abigail is determined to be there when the criminal is punished. But when she ventures to the trial, Barabbas is not the one the crowd calls to crucify. Instead, it is the teacher her master and Jason had begun to follow, the man from Nazareth that some call the Son of God . . .

Born free, made a slave, married out of her bonds, Abigail never knows freedom until she feels the fire of a stray drop of blood from a Jewish carpenter. Disowned by Israel, despised by Rome, desired by all, she never knows love until she receives the smile of a stoic Roman noble.

------------------------------

A Stray Drop of Blood

I am not sure what I expected when I picked up this book. But I got much more than I could have ever dreamed. The story sounded great. I was hooked from the first paragraph. The characters came alive as I read. And not just a few but each one that came through the book grabbed my attention as if I were in the same room watching it all happen. It was a powerful story that gripped my heart.

It is not your typical romance and it isn't your typical Christian romance. It takes into account the way things were done in the time period with the Roman and Jewish cultures mixed together. The fact that it had so many different twists, just like real life was one of the reasons it was so good. In some books everything seems to work out too easily and the book is over too quickly. This one had so many twists, some good and some not so good. But you could see how God worked through each of those situations to bring about His purpose for their lives.

I have to tell you that this is one of my very favorite books. I have many but I just fell in love with this book and can't wait to read it again. I purchased it on Kindle but after reading it I knew I HAD to have it in a hard copy. I ordered it from the link below and am getting Roseanna to sign it for me! On her website she shares how this story came to be. Make sure you check that out, it is amazing!

You just have to read this book! If you don't, you will be missing a great blessing and a great read. Enjoy!

------------------------------

Want more?



A Stray Drop of Blood: Companion Guide and Discussion Questions

Do you want to order an autographed copy of A Stray Drop Of Blood?

Check out: www.CrossPurposesBooks.com 

Make sure to leave her a message on her website that you ordered it and would like it autographed.

Comments

Popular Posts